Eliza Filipowski, Esq.
Personal Injury Lawyer
Eliza Filipowski graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1999. She then attended the Albany Law School, obtaining a JD in 2004.
Eliza brings over a decade’s worth of experience as an associate attorney for a firm doing Medical Malpractice defense and asbestos litigation. She is also certified by DCJS as a special instructor for the New York Police Academy, where she educates about a variety of litigation topics.
When not defending her clients in court, she enjoys walking on trails, checking out a brewery, or playing card games. She is fond of her three dogs.
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, 1999
- Albany Law School, 2004
- Tompkins County SPCA
- Ithaca High School Mock Trial Team Coach
- Cortland County Bar Association
- Criminal Law Committee Co-Chair, Women’s Car Association of the State of NY
- Executive Council, Network of Bar Leaders
- Gender Fairness Committee, 12th Judicial District
- Judges & Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert
- President, Bronx Women’s Bar Association
Watching my dad at work in his legal practice, and hearing others appreciate him for the work he did and for giving them peace of mind in their cases.
I believe in customer service in any job, especially in personal injury litigation. I believe in serving the client and being accessible. I try to manage expectations up front and give people the pros, the cons, and the stuff in between. I like to prepare people for the litigation experience and educate them about the process.