- New York Actos Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Elmiron Lawsuit Lawyers
- New York Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Januvia Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Risperdal Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Talcum Powder Lawyers
- New York Taxotere Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Victoza Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Vioxx Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Zantac Lawyer
- New York Zostavax Lawsuit Lawyer
- MAIN Defective Drugs & Devices
New York Elmiron Lawsuit Lawyers
The manufacturers of Elmiron —the only drug currently approved by the FDA to treat interstitial cystitis (IC)— are being litigated against, accused of being responsible for causing unexpected vision loss. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, the company behind the interstitial cystitis drug Elmiron, is now facing accusations of distributing a dangerous bladder medication because reports involving varying degrees of retinal damage have become more frequent.
If you or someone you know has been taking Elmiron and have fallen ill, or are experiencing unexpected vision loss, you may be eligible for compensation for any pain and suffering that is directly caused by this drug.
If you would like to consider your legal options, schedule a free consultation with a legal expert in defective drug cases by calling 855-468-7626, or visit one of our Hudson Valley or New York City offices. Attorneys at Sobo & Sobo are currently helping victims of Elmiron medication get the compensation they deserve to help cover relevant medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
H2: Symptoms of Elmiron Vision Loss
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms after using Elmiron for an extended period of time, you may be eligible for compensation:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty reading or seeing distant objects
- Difficulty seeing close objects
- Dim vision or lack of light sensitivity
- Metamorphopsia: a defect that results in linear objects appearing rounded or curved
- Spotty vision loss in the center of one’s field of vision
- Difficulty adjusting to low light levels
- Abnormal blood vessels around the macula
- Hyperpigmentation (dark spots) around or on the retina
- Vitelliform deposits, which look like yellowish lesions beneath the macula
H2: How Elmiron Causes Macular Degeneration
Elmiron has been linked to several cases of vision loss, including a condition called pigmentary maculopathy. Also called macular degeneration, pigmentary maculopathy occurs when deposits of drusen, a toxin, build up in eye tissue. These deposits can lead to varying degrees of macular degeneration, from loss of visual clarity to total blindness.
H2: Filing an Elmiron Lawsuit
Attorneys at Sobo & Sobo are currently helping victims of the dangerous bladder medication get the compensation they deserve to help cover:
- Relevant medical expenses,
- Lost wages from being out of work,
- Pain and suffering,
- And all other damages related to Paraquat.
Expert mass tort lawyers in New York are currently accepting cases from those who took Elmiron for at least two years and are now suffering vision problems. For a plaintiff to qualify for a lawsuit, their vision problems must have started while actively taking Elmiron or within a year of stopping treatment.
If you too are experiencing symptoms of vision loss after taking Elmiron, we can help. Attorneys at Sobo & Sobo are currently helping victims of Elmiron get the compensation they deserve to help cover damages, and ensure that the manufacturers of the bladder medication face justice.
If we don’t win your Elmiron lawsuit, you don’t have to pay.
Our attorneys have over 50 years of experience helping people receive compensation for defective drugs and devices including toxic Roundup and talcum powder products, as well as defective hernia mesh implants. Give us a call at 855-468-7626 for a free consultation; our team of legal experts are ready to listen to your story, and fight for fair and equitable compensation for your suffering.
To learn more about the dangers of Elmiron, how it can harm the body, and your legal options for compensation, click here.