- New York Actos Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Elmiron Lawsuit Lawyers
- New York Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Risperdal Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Talcum Powder Lawyers
- New York Taxotere Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Vioxx Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Zantac Lawyer
- New York Zostavax Lawsuit Lawyer
- NY Gardasil HPV Vaccine Lawsuit Attorneys (2022)
- MAIN Defective Drugs & Devices
Free Case Evaluation
NY Gardasil HPV Vaccine Lawsuit Attorneys (2022)
Gardasil, a human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine, has been linked to serious side effects that manufacturer Merck has been accused of hiding from the public. These illnesses and side effects have been causing serious injuries and wrongful deaths throughout the US, which has led to a class action lawsuit filed against Merck.
If you or someone you know has suffered from the side effects listed below after taking Gardasil within the last 2 years (in accordance with New York’s medical malpractice statute of limitations), you may be entitled to compensation. To schedule a free consultation with a Gardasil lawsuit attorney in New York, call 855-468-7626, or contact us online.
*Note: Clients never have to pay Sobo & Sobo out of pocket. If a client wins a case, their legal team is paid with a portion of their settlement.
Side Effects from Gardasil HPV Vaccine
Victims who are filing claims against Merck and its Gardasil vaccine have suffered, or are currently suffering from the following side effects:
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- POTS is a new incurable illness that has been linked to those who received the Gardasil vaccine. It is a lifelong condition that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness and fatigue when standing up or lying down.
- Auto-immune disorders
- Reproductive disorders
- Cervical cancer
- Neurological disorders
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
- Movement disorders
- Small fiber neuropathy
Are All HPV Vaccines Unsafe?
There are only three licensed HPV vaccines in the United States: Gardasil, Gardasil-9, and Cervarix. However, Gardasil-9 has been the only distributed HPV vaccine in the US since 2016. Until others become available, there are no alternative HPV vaccines on the market.
Merck’s History of Defective Medications
This is not the first time that Merck has had to recall a defective medication they produced. In 2004, they pulled their anti-inflammatory drug Vioxx from shelves after finding it increased risk of cardiovascular disorders such as heart attacks and strokes.
In 2006, Merck’s Gardasil vaccine was fast-tracked by the FDA after it was found to be effective in preventing HPV. Merck aggressively marketed Gardasil after losing millions from the Vioxx recall. Marketing for Gardasil included fabricating a nationwide scare of an HPV epidemic, which was (and still is) based on little to no evidence.
Merck/Gardasil HPV Lawsuit Settlements
As with all mass tort and class action lawsuit settlements, the eventual settlement against Merck will be split between all those involved in the lawsuit. While it is impossible to determine the settlement amount to be gained from the Gardasil lawsuit, victims can get a value estimate by contacting a class action defective medications lawyer (contact here).
How to File a Merck/Gardasil Vaccine Lawsuit
Follow these steps to be included in the class action lawsuit against Merck (or, skip these steps by calling or contacting a defective drug lawyer from Sobo & Sobo):
- Collect medical records from the last two years with any information and/or diagnoses linked to the side effects and illnesses above.
- Read through how mass tort and class action lawsuits work (explained here). They are different from regular personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuits, so be sure that you agree with the unique terms that come with this type of legal action.
- Do not accept any offers from insurance regarding your injuries.
- Contact a defective drug lawyer to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork needed to file your claim, as well as meet all necessary qualifications and deadlines, and maximize your Gardasil settlement.