Six Steps to Receive Compensation with Sobo & Sobo
Call or Visit Our Office
We have trained legal professionals available 24/7. In your first call we’ll get your contact information and hear your story. Plus, we’ll make an appointment that works for you so you can speak, in person, to a lawyer.
Free Initial Consultation
Discuss your case face to face with an accident lawyer. There’s no charge or obligation. Your Sobo & Sobo attorney will explain the next best steps to build a successful case for you.
You and your lawyer will organize your ongoing healthcare so you can continue to heal. Along the way, you’ll get updated medical records documenting your condition, care and treatment.
Your lawyer will help you collect all the paperwork you need for a successful case — one that maximizes your settlement in the least amount of time.
Litigation & Negotiation
Your lawyer will handle everything else. We prepare your case for trial and negotiate to achieve the best possible settlement without going to court. But even if there is a trial, you relax and we do the work.
You collect your settlement for medical care, damages, lost wages and pain & suffering. All your medical bills are paid off. Only then does Sobo & Sobo get paid.
Tell Us Your Story
Accidents can be complicated and loaded with pitfalls because both healthcare and the law are tricky. Your initial, person-to-person consultation with a Sobo lawyer will clear some things up, right away. It’s free and you have no obligation after sitting down with us. We’ll help.
In this first chat and soon thereafter, we’ll:
- Explain your rights
- Find follow-up medical care and testing
- Arrange emergency financing if available
- Discuss your special circumstances
- Walk you through the legal process, step by step
- Plan and prepare to pursue your case
The victims of accidents are entitled to compensation for their losses. The amount of money paid to victims varies based on the severity of damages, injury and other losses suffered. Your Sobo & Sobo lawyer will explain:
- Medical Expenses: Getting them Paid
- Lost Wages: What You are Owed
- Property Damage: Fixing or Replacing Your Vehicle
- Pain & Suffering: Discomfort, Anxiety and More
We represent clients on a contingent basis. That means we do not collect any money until your case is won and money damages are paid. We receive a portion of those damage payments only after they are finalized. So, you are never “out of pocket” any money to us.
Why Choose Sobo & Sobo?
The Sobo & Sobo law firm specializes in injury litigation. We’ve represented many, many victims of rear-end accidents just like yours.
- We’ve been serving clients for over 50 years.
- We have offices throughout the Hudson Valley, plus in the Bronx and Manhattan.
- Our staff includes hundreds of legal professionals ready to help.
Choose the law firm that focuses on helping the injured get justice.
We will use our skill, knowledge and genuine concern to win for you.
Bus Accidents in New York: State Statistics
- The majority of school bus accidents occur on weekdays, between the hours of 6:00. and 9:00 a.m., when students are picked up for school, and between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m., when they are being driven home.
- Of the 375 people killed in public transportation bus accidents each year, an average of 50 are bus occupants (including drivers), 100 are pedestrians and cyclists, and 225 are occupants of other motor vehicles.
- Transit buses and school vehicles are involved in more than 70% of all bus accidents in the U.S, and produce the highest number of fatalities.
- The most common cause of bus accidents in the U.S. involves a driver failing to yield the right of way to bus drivers.
*Statistics collected from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Summary of Bus Crashes
Who is at Fault in a Bus Accident?
It is impossible to tell who is at fault for a bus accident without knowing the details of a specific case. However, it is common for transit and school bus drivers to be found innocent of a crash (although there are some cases where the bus driver is at fault). If you were involved in a bus accident, and you believe the bus driver to be responsible for the crash, contact an accident attorney to represent your case, and minimize your liability for the accident.
Operators of other types of buses including charter buses are much more likely to be the major contributor to a crash because of driver error. In these cases, it is highly likely for any pedestrian or motorist to receive full compensation for any damages.
If you are unsure as to whether you or a bus operator should be held liable for an accident, call a car accident attorney for a free consultation. They will tell you what you can expect in determining the responsible party, and if you wish to take legal action, the evidence and documents you will need to prove your innocence in a possible lawsuit.
Bus Accident Lawsuits: What to Do Before You File
If you were involved in an accident with a transit or school bus, it is likely there will be an effort to coax an admission of at least partial guilt from you. This is done to minimize bus operators’ fault for the accident, therefore lowering the amount of compensation they owe for damages.
Here is what you can do to avoid being taken advantage of, and start building a successful case that ensures maximum compensation:
- Do NOT let the bus driver’s insurance company take a recorded statement regarding the accident. This is typically asked by insurance companies so that statements made before consulting with an attorney can be used as evidence that may discredit any recounting of the accident later
- Collect a copy of the police report
- Try to get a recording or hand-written account from any witness of the accident willing to give you a statement
- Most intersections are equipped with security cameras to catch people who illegally disregard traffic signals. This can be valuable evidence for your case. A personal injury lawyer will be able to help you collect this evidence.
- Keep a detailed record of all medical records relating to your injury, as well as a list of lost working hours and wages that are directly related to any injury.
Filing a Bus Injury Lawsuit
If you or someone you know has been in a bus accident and are seeking compensation for any resulting pain and suffering, call 855-468-7626 for a free consultation with an expert car accident attorney today.
The accident attorneys at Sobo & Sobo have over 50 years of experience helping clients across New York’s Hudson Valley and the Bronx win the compensation they deserve for their losses and improving their quality of life.
When you file a claim with Sobo & Sobo, you don’t pay unless we win the case. When we do win, our attorneys are paid through a percentage of your settlement, meaning you never have to pay out of pocket.