Six Steps to Receive Compensation with Sobo & Sobo
Call or Visit Our Office
We have trained legal professionals available 24/7. In your first call we’ll get your contact information and hear your story. Plus, we’ll make an appointment that works for you so you can speak, in person, to a lawyer.
Free Initial Consultation
Discuss your case face to face with an accident lawyer. There’s no charge or obligation. Your Sobo & Sobo attorney will explain the next best steps to build a successful case for you.
You and your lawyer will organize your ongoing healthcare so you can continue to heal. Along the way, you’ll get updated medical records documenting your condition, care and treatment.
Your lawyer will help you collect all the paperwork you need for a successful case — one that maximizes your settlement in the least amount of time.
Litigation & Negotiation
Your lawyer will handle everything else. We prepare your case for trial and negotiate to achieve the best possible settlement without going to court. But even if there is a trial, you relax and we do the work.
You collect your settlement for medical care, damages, lost wages and pain & suffering. All your medical bills are paid off. Only then does Sobo & Sobo get paid.
Tell Us Your Story
Accidents can be complicated and loaded with pitfalls because both healthcare and the law are tricky. Your initial, person-to-person consultation with a Sobo lawyer will clear some things up, right away. It’s free and you have no obligation after sitting down with us. We’ll help.
In this first chat and soon thereafter, we’ll:
- Explain your rights
- Find follow-up medical care and testing
- Arrange emergency financing if available
- Discuss your special circumstances
- Walk you through the legal process, step by step
- Plan and prepare to pursue your case
The victims of accidents are entitled to compensation for their losses. The amount of money paid to victims varies based on the severity of damages, injury and other losses suffered. Your Sobo & Sobo lawyer will explain:
- Medical Expenses: Getting them Paid
- Lost Wages: What You are Owed
- Property Damage: Fixing or Replacing Your Vehicle
- Pain & Suffering: Discomfort, Anxiety and More
We represent clients on a contingent basis. That means we do not collect any money until your case is won and money damages are paid. We receive a portion of those damage payments only after they are finalized. So, you are never “out of pocket” any money to us.
Why Choose Sobo & Sobo?
The Sobo & Sobo law firm specializes in injury litigation. We’ve represented many, many victims of rear-end accidents just like yours.
- We’ve been serving clients for over 50 years.
- We have offices throughout the Hudson Valley, plus in the Bronx and Manhattan.
- Our staff includes hundreds of legal professionals ready to help.
Choose the law firm that focuses on helping the injured get justice.
We will use our skill, knowledge and genuine concern to win for you.
Motorcycle Accidents in New York: State Statistics
- 56% of all motorcycle rider fatalities are operators under 35 years old
- Almost 100% of motorcycle fatalities are male
- Most accidents involve both a motorcyclist and another motor vehicle at fault—not only the motorcycle operator
- Most motorcycle crashes in New York occur on city streets, and in densely-populated areas in the Hudson Valley, such as Newburgh, rather than on highways or rural roadways
Injuries Covered by Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
If you suffered virtually any injury in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be eligible to receive full compensation for your damages. The most common injuries covered by motorcycle accident lawsuit settlements include:
- Burns from exploded parts
- High levels of abrasion on the skin and flesh/road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Brain trauma
- Mental health issues
Who is at Fault in a Motorcycle Accident?
New York state has a no-fault law for any car accident. This means that insurance companies on both sides of any accident must pay for all lost earnings, incidental costs, and medical expenses directly relating to car accidents. Unfortunately, this no-fault law does not apply to accidents involving motorcycles. This is because many states, including New York, see motorcycles as inherently more dangerous than automobiles.
This has created a bias towards assigning liability to the motorcycle operator in New York state. This is why hiring a motorcycle accident attorney to represent you is crucial for any motorcyclist who was injured due to another driver’s negligence. The right accident lawyer can help you collect all the evidence you need to prove that you were not at fault for the accident.
Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits: What to Do Before You File
Motorcycle accidents can be deadly, and/or result in serious short and long-term consequences for all drivers, passengers and pedestrians. Filing a lawsuit against the driver responsible for the accident can help you recover lost wages missed due to your injuries, along with any related medical expenses, and other damages.
There are certain steps you can take as soon as possible after your accident to maximize your chances of building a successful case, before you file a lawsuit:
- Do NOT let another driver’s insurance company take a recorded statement regarding the accident. This is typically asked by insurance companies so that statements made before consulting with an attorney can be used as evidence that may discredit any recounting of the accident later
- Collect a copy of the police report
- Try to get a recording or hand-written account from any witness of the accident willing to give you a statement
- Most intersections are equipped with security cameras to identify people who illegally disregard traffic signals. This can be valuable evidence for your case. A personal injury lawyer will be able to help you collect this evidence.
- Keep a detailed record of all medical records relating to your injury, as well as a list of lost working hours and wages that are directly related to any injury.
What to Bring to Your First Meeting with an Attorney
There are several documents you can bring to your first meeting with your lawyer to help launch your case quickly and effectively. These documents include:
- A legal license to drive a motorcycle in the state of New York
- Valid, up-to-date vehicle registration
- A certificate of recent inspection
- Proof of proper liability insurance
A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you organize these documents easily if you need help.
Filing a Motorcycle Injury Lawsuit
If you or someone you know has been in a motorcycle accident and are seeking compensation for any resulting financial losses, plus pain and suffering, call 855-468-7626 for a free consultation with an expert motorcycle accident attorney today.
The accident attorneys at Sobo & Sobo have over 50 years of experience helping motorcyclists across New York’s Hudson Valley and the Bronx win the compensation they deserve for their losses and improving their quality of life.
When you file a claim with Sobo & Sobo, you don’t pay unless we win the case. When we do win, our attorneys are paid through a percentage of your settlement, meaning you never have to pay out of pocket.