Six Steps to Receive Compensation with Sobo & Sobo
Call or Visit Our Office
We have trained legal professionals available 24/7. In your first call we’ll get your contact information and hear your story. Plus, we’ll make an appointment that works for you so you can speak, in person, to a lawyer.
Free Initial Consultation
Discuss your case face to face with an accident lawyer. There’s no charge or obligation. Your Sobo & Sobo attorney will explain the next best steps to build a successful case for you.
You and your lawyer will organize your ongoing healthcare so you can continue to heal. Along the way, you’ll get updated medical records documenting your condition, care and treatment.
Your lawyer will help you collect all the paperwork you need for a successful case — one that maximizes your settlement in the least amount of time.
Litigation & Negotiation
Your lawyer will handle everything else. We prepare your case for trial and negotiate to achieve the best possible settlement without going to court. But even if there is a trial, you relax and we do the work.
You collect your settlement for medical care, damages, lost wages and pain & suffering. All your medical bills are paid off. Only then does Sobo & Sobo get paid.
Tell Us Your Story
Accidents can be complicated and loaded with pitfalls because both healthcare and the law are tricky. Your initial, person-to-person consultation with a Sobo lawyer will clear some things up, right away. It’s free and you have no obligation after sitting down with us. We’ll help.
In this first chat and soon thereafter, we’ll:
- Explain your rights
- Find follow-up medical care and testing
- Arrange emergency financing if available
- Discuss your special circumstances
- Walk you through the legal process, step by step
- Plan and prepare to pursue your case
The victims of accidents are entitled to compensation for their losses. The amount of money paid to victims varies based on the severity of damages, injury and other losses suffered. Your Sobo & Sobo lawyer will explain:
- Medical Expenses: Getting them Paid
- Lost Wages: What You are Owed
- Property Damage: Fixing or Replacing Your Vehicle
- Pain & Suffering: Discomfort, Anxiety and More
We represent clients on a contingent basis. That means we do not collect any money until your case is won and money damages are paid. We receive a portion of those damage payments only after they are finalized. So, you are never “out of pocket” any money to us.
Why Choose Sobo & Sobo?
The Sobo & Sobo law firm specializes in injury litigation. We’ve represented many, many victims of rear-end accidents just like yours.
- We’ve been serving clients for over 50 years.
- We have offices throughout the Hudson Valley, plus in the Bronx and Manhattan.
- Our staff includes hundreds of legal professionals ready to help.
Choose the law firm that focuses on helping the injured get justice.
We will use our skill, knowledge and genuine concern to win for you.
Types of Personal Injuries Eligible for Compensation
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: From single-car roll over accidents to head-on collisions, drivers and pedestrians who are victims of virtually any type of motor vehicle accident may be eligible for compensation.
- Premises Liability: Dog bites, slip (trip) and falls, and any other injury sustained due to the failure to follow safety standards by a third party may make victims eligible for compensation.
- Work-Related Injuries: Employers are responsible for ensuring workers are equipped with proper safety tools and equipment. They are also responsible for making sure work areas are hazard-free. Workers injured due to the employer’s negligence to abide by safety standards may receive compensation for injuries, as well as lost wages from days spent out of work.
- Defective Drugs & Devices: When manufacturers fail to implement proper safety measures, defective drugs and devices may be sold to unwary consumers. Those that are injured by these products may be eligible for compensation—especially those that are prescribed defective products by medical professionals.
- Medical Malpractice: All damages from surgical mishaps, faulty prescriptions and improperly administered medical devices all can be covered with compensation from a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Types of Injuries Covered by Personal Injury Lawsuits
Virtually any injury sustained in an accident can be eligible for compensation, if the opposing party is found to be at least somewhat liable for the accident. Some of the most common types of injuries covered include:
- Broken Bones
- Chemical Burns
- Torn Ligaments and Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Head Injuries, Including Concussions
- Piercings, Cuts and Lacerations
- Disfigurement or Scarring
- Permanent Disabilities
- Loss of Sight and/or Hearing
- Loss of Communicative and/or Cognitive Abilities
- Damage to Respiratory System, Urinary System, or Gastrointestinal system
- Lead Poisoning, or Other Types of Poisoning Sickness
Personal Injury Lawsuits: What to Do Before You File
There are certain steps you can take as soon as possible after your accident to maximize your chances of building a successful case—before you file a lawsuit:
- Do NOT let the other party's insurance company take a recorded statement regarding the accident. This is typically asked by insurance companies so that statements made before consulting with an attorney can be used as evidence that may discredit any recounting of the accident later
- Collect a copy of the police report
- Try to get a recording or hand-written account from any witness of the accident willing to give you a statement
- Many areas are equipped with security cameras to catch people who illegally disregard safety standards. This can be valuable evidence for your case. A personal injury lawyer will be able to help you collect this evidence.
- Keep a detailed record of all medical records relating to your injury, as well as a list of lost working hours and wages that are directly related to any injury.
It is recommended that you enlist the help of a personal injury attorney with years of experience representing those involved in accidents similar to yours. The right lawyer can help you collect all the evidence, paperwork and testimonials you’ll need to build your case, and maximize your settlement.
First Steps to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you or someone you know are recovering from injuries and are seeking compensation for damages, call 855-468-7626 for a free consultation with an expert injury attorney today.
The accident attorneys at Sobo & Sobo have over 50 years of experience helping clients across New York’s Hudson Valley and the Bronx win the compensation they deserve for their losses, and improving their quality of life.
When you file a claim with Sobo & Sobo, you don’t pay unless we win the case. When we do win, our attorneys are paid through a percentage of your settlement, meaning you never have to pay out of pocket.
Free e-Book Guide to Personal Injury Law
Click the link below to download your free guide to personal injury law. It’s a quick read that provides a clear understanding of the basic concepts regarding personal injury lawsuits, and the legal process you can expect from Sobo & Sobo.