Six Steps to Receive Compensation with Sobo & Sobo
Call or Visit Our Office
We have trained legal professionals available 24/7. In your first call we’ll get your contact information and hear your story. Plus, we’ll make an appointment that works for you so you can speak, in person, to a lawyer.
Free Initial Consultation
Discuss your case face to face with an accident lawyer. There’s no charge or obligation. Your Sobo & Sobo attorney will explain the next best steps to build a successful case for you.
You and your lawyer will organize your ongoing healthcare so you can continue to heal. Along the way, you’ll get updated medical records documenting your condition, care and treatment.
Your lawyer will help you collect all the paperwork you need for a successful case — one that maximizes your settlement in the least amount of time.
Litigation & Negotiation
Your lawyer will handle everything else. We prepare your case for trial and negotiate to achieve the best possible settlement without going to court. But even if there is a trial, you relax and we do the work.
You collect your settlement for medical care, damages, lost wages and pain & suffering. All your medical bills are paid off. Only then does Sobo & Sobo get paid.
Tell Us Your Story
Accidents can be complicated and loaded with pitfalls because both healthcare and the law are tricky. Your initial, person-to-person consultation with a Sobo lawyer will clear some things up, right away. It’s free and you have no obligation after sitting down with us. We’ll help.
In this first chat and soon thereafter, we’ll:
- Explain your rights
- Find follow-up medical care and testing
- Arrange emergency financing if available
- Discuss your special circumstances
- Walk you through the legal process, step by step
- Plan and prepare to pursue your case
The victims of accidents are entitled to compensation for their losses. The amount of money paid to victims varies based on the severity of damages, injury and other losses suffered. Your Sobo & Sobo lawyer will explain:
- Medical Expenses: Getting them Paid
- Lost Wages: What You are Owed
- Property Damage: Fixing or Replacing Your Vehicle
- Pain & Suffering: Discomfort, Anxiety and More
We represent clients on a contingent basis. That means we do not collect any money until your case is won and money damages are paid. We receive a portion of those damage payments only after they are finalized. So, you are never “out of pocket” any money to us.
Why Choose Sobo & Sobo?
The Sobo & Sobo law firm specializes in injury litigation. We’ve represented many, many victims of rear-end accidents just like yours.
- We’ve been serving clients for over 50 years.
- We have offices throughout the Hudson Valley, plus in the Bronx and Manhattan.
- Our staff includes hundreds of legal professionals ready to help.
Choose the law firm that focuses on helping the injured get justice.
We will use our skill, knowledge and genuine concern to win for you.
Who is at Fault in a T-Bone Accident?
The majority of t-bone accidents occur at intersections, where a misunderstanding or negligence regarding who has the right-of-way causes one vehicle to collide into the side of another.
Either driver may be found at fault for causing a t-bone accident. Both the driver who was hit from the side, as well as the driver that hit them may be found guilty depending on certain circumstances. Variables that determine which driver is at fault for the accident include:
● Which driver had the legal right of way
● Whether or not road sign directions were adhered to
● Evidence collected from the site of the accident
● Eyewitness accounts of the accident
● Details from police reports of the accident
Types of Injuries Covered by T-Bone Lawsuits
Any serious injury from a t-bone collision that causes you pain and suffering may be covered by compensation from a personal injury lawsuit. Common examples of these injuries caused by t-bone accidents include:
● Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
● Chest trauma
● Long-term lung and esophageal damage
● Broken ribs
● Hip and leg injuries
T-Bone Accident Lawsuits: What to Do Before You File
There are certain steps you can take as soon as possible after your accident to maximize your chances of building a successful case, before you file a lawsuit:
- Do NOT let another driver’s insurance company take a recorded statement regarding the accident. This is typically asked by insurance companies so that statements made before consulting with an attorney can be used as evidence that may discredit any recounting of the accident later
- Collect a copy of the police report
- Try to get a recording or hand-written account from any witness of the accident willing to give you a statement
- Most intersections are equipped with security cameras to catch people who illegally disregard traffic signals. This can be valuable evidence for your case. A personal injury lawyer will be able to help you collect this evidence.
- Keep a detailed record of all medical records relating to your injury, as well as a list of lost working hours and wages that are directly related to any injury.
It is recommended that you enlist the help of a personal injury attorney with years of experience representing those involved in t-bone accidents. The right lawyer can help you collect all the evidence, paperwork and testimonials you’ll need to build your case, and maximize your settlement.
Filing a T-Bone Accident Lawsuit
If you or someone you know has been in a t-bone collision and are seeking compensation for any injury, call 855-468-7626 for a free consultation with an expert car accident attorney today.
The accident attorneys at Sobo & Sobo have over 50 years of experience helping clients across New York’s Hudson Valley and the Bronx win the compensation they deserve for their losses, and improving their quality of life.
When you file a claim with Sobo & Sobo, you don’t pay unless we win the case. When we do win, our attorneys are paid through a percentage of your settlement, meaning you never have to pay out of pocket.