Six Steps to Receive Compensation with Sobo & Sobo
Call or Visit Our Office
We have trained legal professionals available 24/7. In your first call we’ll get your contact information and hear your story. Plus, we’ll make an appointment that works for you so you can speak, in person, to a lawyer.
Free Initial Consultation
Discuss your case face to face with an accident lawyer. There’s no charge or obligation. Your Sobo & Sobo attorney will explain the next best steps to build a successful case for you.
You and your lawyer will organize your ongoing healthcare so you can continue to heal. Along the way, you’ll get updated medical records documenting your condition, care and treatment.
Your lawyer will help you collect all the paperwork you need for a successful case — one that maximizes your settlement in the least amount of time.
Litigation & Negotiation
Your lawyer will handle everything else. We prepare your case for trial and negotiate to achieve the best possible settlement without going to court. But even if there is a trial, you relax and we do the work.
You collect your settlement for medical care, damages, lost wages and pain & suffering. All your medical bills are paid off. Only then does Sobo & Sobo get paid.
Tell Us Your Story
Accidents can be complicated and loaded with pitfalls because both healthcare and the law are tricky. Your initial, person-to-person consultation with a Sobo lawyer will clear some things up, right away. It’s free and you have no obligation after sitting down with us. We’ll help.
In this first chat and soon thereafter, we’ll:
- Explain your rights
- Find follow-up medical care and testing
- Arrange emergency financing if available
- Discuss your special circumstances
- Walk you through the legal process, step by step
- Plan and prepare to pursue your case
The victims of accidents are entitled to compensation for their losses. The amount of money paid to victims varies based on the severity of damages, injury and other losses suffered. Your Sobo & Sobo lawyer will explain:
- Medical Expenses: Getting them Paid
- Lost Wages: What You are Owed
- Property Damage: Fixing or Replacing Your Vehicle
- Pain & Suffering: Discomfort, Anxiety and More
Top 3 Most Common Workplace Injuries in New York
Because every medical malpractice case is unique, there is no clear-cut way to answer who will be held responsible for malpractice without an investigation. However, the following types of healthcare professionals that may be held accountable if they fail to provide treatment that abides by the proper standards of care, and directly causes further injury or illness:
- Sprains, Strains or Tears: including bone, ligament and muscle injuries
- Musculoskeletal Pain or Soreness: injuries commonly due to improper spinal alignment for those with desk jobs, and excessive exertion for those with physically-demanding occupations
- Cuts, Lacerations or Punctures: injuries most frequently reported among construction, mining and manufacturing occupations, where workers are required to handle heavy and dangerous tools and objects
Illnesses that develop in the workplace may also be linked to an employer’s negligence and may qualify an employee to file a worker’s compensation claim. If you experience one of the following symptoms while doing your regular duties at work, call a workers’ compensation attorney immediately at 845-241-3896 for help:
- Hearing loss
- Skin disorders
- Respiratory conditions
Top 3 Most Common Causes of Work-Related Injuries
- Overexertion: 34% of all injuries in the workplace occur due to lifting and lowering heavy objects, as well as performing repetitive motions.
- Contact with Objects and Equipment: 26% of workplace injuries occur due to employees getting struck by or against dangerous objects or equipment.
- Falls: 25% of all injuries at work occur due to falling down stairwells, ladders, or on ground floors.
Who is at Fault in a Workers’ Comp Accident?
Because every workers’ compensation injury case is unique, there is no clear-cut way to answer who will be held responsible for causing a workplace accident and any resulting injuries without an investigation. However, a workers compensation claim typically holds the employer and their company responsible for any accidents that occur due to negligence.
How Much Does Worker's Compensation Pay in New York?
The answer to this question depends on the following variables of each specific case:
- The amount you were paid by your employer in the past year,
- The severity of your disability,
- How long your disability will keep you from returning to work,
- And the costs of medical care needed that is directly linked to your injury
Those that are injured at work can collect from three types of workers’ compensation benefits: cash benefits, medical benefits, and supplemental benefits. The total amount you are qualified to receive from each depends on the variables above.
For more details, schedule a free consultation with an attorney who specializes in workers’ compensation law.
Benefits of Hiring a NY Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
While many workers injured on the job know their rights and responsibilities, too many try to obtain their compensation alone. This can lead to mistakes that delay payment, and reduce the amount provided. Worst-case scenarios involve injured workers not receiving the compensation they deserve. This happens all the time in New York, even in apparently "open-and-shut cases."
Typically, insurance carriers for employers attempt to pay as little as possible. They don't fight for the victim’s well-being, but for the employer's. If you or someone you know is injured at work, it is crucial that you find an expert workers’ compensation attorney that will step up to the plate for you, listen to your story, and work each day to get you the compensation you deserve.
First Steps to File a Workplace Accident Lawsuit
If you or someone you know has been in a workplace accident and are seeking compensation for any injury, call 845-241-3896 for a free consultation with an expert workers’ compensation attorney today.
The accident attorneys at Sobo & Sobo have over 50 years of experience helping clients across New York’s Hudson Valley and the Bronx win the compensation they deserve for their losses, and improving their quality of life.
When you file a claim with Sobo & Sobo, you don’t pay unless we win the case. When we do win, our attorneys are paid through a percentage of your settlement, meaning you never have to pay out of pocket.