Six Steps to Receive Compensation with Sobo & Sobo
Call or Visit Our Office
We have trained legal professionals available 24/7. In your first call we’ll get your contact information and hear your story. Plus, we’ll make an appointment that works for you so you can speak, in person, to a lawyer.
Free Initial Consultation
Discuss your case face to face with an accident lawyer. There’s no charge or obligation. Your Sobo & Sobo attorney will explain the next best steps to build a successful case for you.
You and your lawyer will organize your ongoing healthcare so you can continue to heal. Along the way, you’ll get updated medical records documenting your condition, care and treatment.
Your lawyer will help you collect all the paperwork you need for a successful case — one that maximizes your settlement in the least amount of time.
Litigation & Negotiation
Your lawyer will handle everything else. We prepare your case for trial and negotiate to achieve the best possible settlement without going to court. But even if there is a trial, you relax and we do the work.
You collect your settlement for medical care, damages, lost wages and pain & suffering. All your medical bills are paid off. Only then does Sobo & Sobo get paid.
Tell Us Your Story
Accidents can be complicated and loaded with pitfalls because both healthcare and the law are tricky. Your initial, person-to-person consultation with a Sobo lawyer will clear some things up, right away. It’s free and you have no obligation after sitting down with us. We’ll help.
In this first chat and soon thereafter, we’ll:
- Explain your rights
- Find follow-up medical care and testing
- Arrange emergency financing if available
- Discuss your special circumstances
- Walk you through the legal process, step by step
- Plan and prepare to pursue your case
The victims of accidents are entitled to compensation for their losses. The amount of money paid to victims varies based on the severity of damages, injury and other losses suffered. Your Sobo & Sobo lawyer will explain:
- Medical Expenses: Getting them Paid
- Lost Wages: What You are Owed
- Property Damage: Fixing or Replacing Your Vehicle
- Pain & Suffering: Discomfort, Anxiety and More
We represent clients on a contingent basis. That means we do not collect any money until your case is won and money damages are paid. We receive a portion of those damage payments only after they are finalized. So, you are never “out of pocket” any money to us.
Why Choose Sobo & Sobo?
The Sobo & Sobo law firm specializes in injury litigation. We’ve represented many, many victims of rear-end accidents just like yours.
- We’ve been serving clients for over 50 years.
- We have offices throughout the Hudson Valley, plus in the Bronx and Manhattan.
- Our staff includes hundreds of legal professionals ready to help.
Choose the law firm that focuses on helping the injured get justice.
We will use our skill, knowledge and genuine concern to win for you.
Rear-End Accidents In New York
To learn what to do at the scene of a rear-end accident, click here. You’ll learn about calling for medical care and the police, exchanging information with all parties, taking photos of the scene, and other steps.
Important Information You’ll Need
- Insurance: After your accident, keep a record of every interaction between you and your insurance company after filing a claim. This will help your attorney better understand how your insurance will plan to negotiate moving forward.
- Medical Records: If you have been cared for immediately after the accident, we’ll help collect your medical records from your healthcare provider(s). These records include medical services relating to ongoing testing, surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and any other procedures relating to healing from your injury. This will be useful to you for your recovery process, and provide crucial evidence for the case.
- Lost Wages: If your injury has kept you from returning to work for any length of time, you may be eligible to recover lost wages. Keep track of all the days you missed as a direct result of your accident, so your attorney can help you maximize your settlement to cover all wages lost.
What You Need to Know: Rear-End Collision Facts
- Rear-end accidents are the most frequent type of motor vehicle collision in the US
- Most rear-end accidents do not prove fatal. However, injuries from rear-end accidents result in an average of 2.5 million ER visits each year
- The most common injuries from rear-end collisions include whiplash, bone fractures, internal injuries, contusions, and muscle and ligament strains
- Whiplash is one of the most common and long-term injuries obtained from rear-end collisions. A whiplash injury can result in fractured bones, torn ligaments, and discs—all of which can cause pain for months to years after an accident.
- New York is a “pure comparative fault” state. This means that New York drivers cannot simply sue another driver who they believe caused an accident, without first proving that the accident caused severe injuries such as broken bones.
What to Do in a Rear-End Accident
Treatment, Losses and Compensation
Many rear-end accidents result in injuries that have very long recovery times. Discovering the full extent of your injuries and getting treatment can take a long time. While all this is going on, it is common for insurance companies to attempt short-circuiting your recovery. They try to settle quickly, before everything is discovered and all losses understood. But short-term relief isn’t always the best course.
The right attorney can help you win a settlement that is fair and appropriate to your losses, not what your insurance company wants to pay. Expert representation can help you recover for all damages and medical costs, as well as lost wages. Every accident victim deserves the means to make a full recovery. Call 855-GOT-SOBO to talk to an injury expert today.