Six Steps to Receive Compensation with Sobo & Sobo
Call or Visit Our Office
We have trained legal professionals available 24/7. In your first call we’ll get your contact information and hear your story. Plus, we’ll make an appointment that works for you so you can speak, in person, to a lawyer.
Free Initial Consultation
Discuss your case face to face with an accident lawyer. There’s no charge or obligation. Your Sobo & Sobo attorney will explain the next best steps to build a successful case for you.
You and your lawyer will organize your ongoing healthcare so you can continue to heal. Along the way, you’ll get updated medical records documenting your condition, care and treatment.
Your lawyer will help you collect all the paperwork you need for a successful case — one that maximizes your settlement in the least amount of time.
Litigation & Negotiation
Your lawyer will handle everything else. We prepare your case for trial and negotiate to achieve the best possible settlement without going to court. But even if there is a trial, you relax and we do the work.
You collect your settlement for medical care, damages, lost wages and pain & suffering. All your medical bills are paid off. Only then does Sobo & Sobo get paid.
Tell Us Your Story
Accidents can be complicated and loaded with pitfalls because both healthcare and the law are tricky. Your initial, person-to-person consultation with a Sobo lawyer will clear some things up, right away. It’s free and you have no obligation after sitting down with us. We’ll help.
In this first chat and soon thereafter, we’ll:
- Explain your rights
- Find follow-up medical care and testing
- Arrange emergency financing if available
- Discuss your special circumstances
- Walk you through the legal process, step by step
- Plan and prepare to pursue your case
The victims of accidents are entitled to compensation for their losses. The amount of money paid to victims varies based on the severity of damages, injury and other losses suffered. Your Sobo & Sobo lawyer will explain:
- Medical Expenses: Getting them Paid
- Lost Wages: What You are Owed
- Property Damage: Fixing or Replacing Your Vehicle
- Pain & Suffering: Discomfort, Anxiety and More
We represent clients on a contingent basis. That means we do not collect any money until your case is won and money damages are paid. We receive a portion of those damage payments only after they are finalized. So, you are never “out of pocket” any money to us.
Why Choose Sobo & Sobo?
The Sobo & Sobo law firm specializes in injury litigation. We’ve represented many, many victims of rear-end accidents just like yours.
- We’ve been serving clients for over 50 years.
- We have offices throughout the Hudson Valley, plus in the Bronx and Manhattan.
- Our staff includes hundreds of legal professionals ready to help.
Choose the law firm that focuses on helping the injured get justice.
We will use our skill, knowledge and genuine concern to win for you.
Semi Truck Accidents in New York: State Statistics
- Nearly 78% of all semi-truck accidents involve a commercial truck colliding with a non-commercial motor vehicle (as opposed to single-truck crashes, and collisions with bicyclists, pedestrians etc.)
- 15% of all drivers injured in commercial vehicle accidents are semi-truck operators
- 54% of those injured in semi-truck accidents are regular motorists driving non-commercial vehicles (including motorcycle operators)
- 31% of those injured in semi-truck accidents are pedestrians and bicyclists
- 67% of all drivers killed in semi-truck accidents are non-commercial motorists
- Semi-truck accidents most frequently occur on weekday mornings between the hours of 9:00 and12:00 a.m. This means that commuters on their way to work on commercial truck-heavy roadways have the highest risk of colliding with a tractor trailer-type vehicle.
*Statistics collected from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Summary of Large Truck Crashes
Who is at Fault in a Semi-Truck Accident?
Usually, the truck driver is to blame. According to the NYDMV, 82% of all semi-truck accidents occur due to human error on behalf of the truck driver. The most common human errors made by truck drivers that cause accidents in New York include:
- Driver inattention/distraction
- Following a motorist too closely
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe and improper lane changes
- Backing up unsafely
The high frequency of truck driver responsiblity is both significant to driver safety and to legal action following an accident. Be very careful around large trucks. Large commercial truck drivers are often required to drive for long hours, and are often offered monetary incentives to get the job done as quickly as possible. This leads to minimizing breaks from highway driving, which can result in easily-distracted and inattentive performance. In most cases, liability is assigned to the truck driver’s employer’s insurance company.
Even though your path to receive compensation may seem straightforward, be warned that trucking companies will do all that they can to minimize the amount owed, as soon as possible after an accident.
Filing a Semi-Truck Injury Lawsuit
If you or someone you know has been in a semi-truck accident and are seeking compensation for any resulting pain and suffering, call 855-468-7626 for a free consultation with an expert car accident attorney today.
The accident attorneys at Sobo & Sobo have over 50 years of experience helping clients across New York’s Hudson Valley and the Bronx win the compensation they deserve for their losses and improving their quality of life.
When you file a claim with Sobo & Sobo, you don’t pay unless we win the case. When we do win, our attorneys are paid through a percentage of your settlement, meaning you never have to pay out of pocket.