Experienced Bronx Personal Injury Lawyers
The Bronx personal injury lawyers at Sobo & Sobo have won settlements for local accident victims for over 50 years. From car accidents, to slip-and-falls, workplace injuries, hit-and-runs, pedestrian accidents and medical malpractice cases, their attorneys have the experience to win the maximum compensation owed to any Bronx resident injured by negligence. Read on to learn all the ways that the PI attorneys at Sobo & Sobo can help you win the settlement and justice you deserve.
Personal Injury Legal Services
Offered to all Bronx residents injured by negligence.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: From single-car rollover accidents to head-on collisions, drivers and pedestrians who are victims of virtually any type of motor vehicle accident may be eligible for compensation.
- Premises Liability: Dog bites, slip (or trip) and falls, and any other injury sustained due to the failure to follow safety standards by a third party may make victims eligible for compensation.
- Work-Related Injuries: Employers are responsible for ensuring workers are equipped with proper safety tools and equipment. They are also responsible for making sure work areas are hazard-free. Workers injured due to the employer’s negligence to abide by safety standards may receive compensation for injuries, as well as lost wages from days spent out of work.
- Pedestrian Accidents: The Bronx can be a dangerous place to cross the street. Crosswalk, intersection and sidewalk accidents occur frequently due to distracted, frustrated and negligent drivers. In these cases, having a personal injury attorney is recommended in order to make sure your voice is heard in court.
- Defective Drugs & Devices: When manufacturers fail to implement proper safety measures, defective drugs and devices may be sold to unwary consumers. Those that are injured by these products may be eligible for compensation—especially those that are prescribed defective products by medical professionals.
- Medical Malpractice: All damages from surgical mishaps, faulty prescriptions and improperly administered medical devices all can be covered with compensation from a medical malpractice lawsuit.
The Personal Injury Process Made Simple
Here’s what you can expect, from consultation to settlement:
Bronx Injury Attorneys That Care
Sobo & Sobo is among the Bronx’s most trusted names in personal injury representation due to:
- Over 25 years of experience winning personal injury cases throughout the five boroughs of New York City. For more than 25 years, our personal injury lawyers have served the people of Inwood, New York and its surrounding areas, including the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island. Over the years, we have learned what it takes to successfully recover medical expenses, lost wages due to lack of work, and other damages, including pain and suffering.
- If we don’t win, you don’t pay. All attorney fees are paid out of a portion of your settlement, which means you never have to pay out-of-pocket.
- Our staff is fluent in Spanish. More than 47% of the people who live in The Bronx and the surrounding area speak Spanish as their first language. The Bronx’s population is predominantly Hispanic, so having a legal team that is fluent in Spanish is absolutely essential for any law firm to properly accommodate its clients.
- We don’t use fancy legal terms. Our attorneys want their clients to be as informed as possible throughout the legal process. We’ll explain everything you need to know without using confusing terms, so you can feel comfortable with the progress of your case throughout your time with us.
- We take the stress out of the legal process. Filing a lawsuit of any kind can be a long, complex, and frustrating process. That’s why our attorneys specialize in helping to relieve our clients’ stress in any way possible, from collecting evidence to organizing legal documents, contacting witnesses, gathering records, and more.
Bronx Injury Settlement Amounts
Our Bronx attorneys believe in absolute transparency. So, they have no hesitation in saying that an injury attorney cannot truthfully tell you an accurate settlement value until all the unique factors of your case are analyzed. However, an experienced attorney can provide thorough estimations of a case’s value in an initial consultation with their clients, based on their many years of experience winning similar cases.
The biggest factors that affect settlement values include the severity of an injury, how much fault can be proven on behalf of the negligent party, as well as the amount of money lost to a victim’s medical expenses, lost past and future wages, property damage, pain, suffering and all other damages related to an accident.
In these cases, having an experienced and trusted personal injury attorney by your side to maximize your settlement can help you recover financially, enhance your physical recovery, and increase your quality of life.
Injuries Eligible for Compensation
Virtually any injury sustained in an accident can be eligible for compensation, if the opposing party is found to be at least somewhat liable for the accident. Some of the most common types of injuries covered include:
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Torn Ligaments and Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Head Injuries, Including Concussions
- Piercings, Cuts and Lacerations
- Disfigurement or Scarring
- Chemical Burns
- Permanent Disabilities
- Loss of Sight and/or Hearing
- Loss of Communicative and/or Cognitive Abilities
- Damage to Respiratory System, Urinary System, or Gastrointestinal system
- Lead Poisoning, or Other Types of Poisoning Sickness
Bronx Injury Lawsuits:
What to Do Before You File
There are certain steps you can take as soon as possible after your accident to maximize your chances of building a successful case—before you file a lawsuit:
- Do NOT let the other party’s insurance company take a recorded statement regarding the accident. This is typically asked by insurance companies so that statements made before consulting with an attorney can be used as evidence that may discredit any recounting of the accident later
- Collect a copy of the police report
- Try to get a recording or hand-written account from any witness of the accident willing to give you a statement
- Many areas are equipped with security cameras to catch people who illegally disregard safety standards. This can be valuable evidence for your case. A personal injury lawyer will be able to help you collect this evidence.
- Keep a detailed record of all medical records relating to your injury, as well as a list of lost working hours and wages that are directly related to any injury.
It is recommended that you enlist the help of a personal injury attorney with years of experience representing those involved in accidents similar to yours. The right lawyer can help you collect all the evidence, paperwork and testimonials you’ll need to build your case, and maximize your settlement.
What is a “Personal Injury” in the Legal Sense?
A personal injury case is a legal dispute that’s pursuable if one individual is harmed via an accident at least partially caused by another party. The guilty party may have acted negligently in order to cause the accident. However, negligence isn’t the only basis on which a case can rest.
No matter the cause, a personal injury case only proceeds when the injured party starts the process to bring the person or organization they believe to be responsible for their injuries to court.